Saturday, May 30, 2009

Of Goodly Parents....


This is one of my favorite pictures of my parents, Virgil and Virginia Francom. It is their Wedding picture. Mother was 17 and Dad was 22 years old. I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents, who loved the Lord and through their example and other teachings, left me a wonderful heritage. Mother died May 25, 1960 and Dad just left this world to be with her and his family on May 24, 2009. If he had waited for just one more hour, they would have died on the same day 49 years apart. I can only imagine the wonderful reunion they are all having right now. Dad's funeral was today, May 30th, in Utah. As I am in Australia, it is May 31st. I wanted to be there to say "Farewell for now", but that just wasn't possible. I miss spending time with my family and sisters on this day. I love you all.

3 comments:

Jana said...

That was a really nice blog about Grandpa and Grandma, Mom. You are where you need to be and Grandpa would have said the same. I think it's awesome that you have figured out how to make digital pictures out of your old photos. Nice work! Love you. :)

Lori Chapman said...

This is a beautiful picture of Grandma and Grandpa. I wish I could have known Grandma. I've had fun so far reading her book and finding out more about them. Now that I have it, I'll be sure to read all the way through it!!

Anonymous said...

What a great blog, thank you! This is my fav photo of them, I'm so glad you put it up.
.
I had no idea the date and time of their deaths were so close! You just know they are dancing and singing with joy for their reunion.
.
Love,
Sandy